Today's Cooking with Sun King Recipe puts a spin on a classic cookie recipe! Culinary Director Steven Unrue adds a dash of Java Mac (Coffee infused Wee Mac Scottish-Style Ale) into chocolate chip cookie dough batter, along with espresso powder and molasses. The result is a delightful coffee chocolatey treat!
Java Mac Cookies
Servings: 3 doz / Active Prep Time: 20 min / Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
6 oz Java Mac (available now in draft!)
1 stick of Butter, softened
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Molasses
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Espresso Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In a larger bowl beat the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Alternate the flour and the beer with the egg mixture until combined.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes, or until it has firmed up enough to scoop out cookies.
- Scoop on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the top springs back lightly when touched.
- Cool completely.